Friday, August 31, 2012

Top 5...... Eyeshadow (companies)

With the plethora of eyeshadows out there and "must have" palettes, I feel overwhelmed as to where I should invest my hard earned money. I am sure I am not alone feeling this way, so I have thought long and hard about which companies make the best powdered eyeshadows.  Using criteria of pigment, textures, variety of colours, how long they last, and blending ability, here are my top 5 (in no particular order and keep in mind I haven't tried all eyeshadows out there)

MAC

They still remain the most popular and understandably so. They have so many colours and with all the different textures - matte2, frost, matte, satin, lustre, veluxe, veluxe pearl, velvet, not to mention the LE collections like Starflash, it remains a favourite of makeup artists. MAC knows what they are doing and whilst not every texture is fabulous...uh hmmmm Lustre I am talking to you, their Veluxe Pearls, Frost, and Matte 2 are fantastic. Most are a dream to blend, the pigmentation is fab and they last and last.


Urban Decay 

With their cheeky names and their success of the Naked Palette, this little company has come a long way. Their deluxe eyeshadows are gorge. The colours are well pigmented and they feel luxurious. Blending is never tricky and their variety of colours never disappoint. Not only are the aforementioned reasons enough, but their new packaging for palettes is a great idea and just plain smart.

Lancome

Yes, I am partial to these guys as I wrote about them in another blog post. The bias has merit. The range and amount of textures and hues are amazing. They last super long and they are fabulously pigmented. Their mattes are one of the best out there and never feel chalky.

Make Up For Ever

I don't hear much in the blogosphere regarding these guys and honestly I am a little perplexed. They have unique shades that have incredible pigmentation. Use them wet, use them dry.....just use them. You won't be sorry.

 

NYX

I remember when we received the trio palettes and couldn't believe the consistency and colour pay off of these. Amazing. This is one drugstore company that does colour well. They have an incredible range of brights and more subtle colours. If you want a trendy colour, these guys are definitely worth a look.


Honorable mentions:

L'Oreal- their line of eyeshadow has improved. The HIP range was a great start but too few colours and those were really saturated and intense. However, within the last year they launched the Infallible eyeshadows. These are lovely and velvety smooth, but again the colour range is limited.



Unfortunately you notice I don't have many drugstore/highstreet companies as I find this is where the mass makeup names need to desperately improve. I have never tried but have heard that UK brands like Sleek, MUA and a few others are definitely worth checking out.

Let me know about your favourite eyeshadow companies.
cheers,
xo Megs


No comments:

Post a Comment