Thursday, September 13, 2012

A/W 2012 Trend: Bold Eye

Ahhh yes, the bold/graphic/futuristic eye. Whatever you want to call it, it definitely is not for the faint of heart or the average makeup wearing person. Personally, there are trends in fashion and makeup that just do not translate as "wearable".  Stella McCartney's electric blue lashes remind me of the colour loving eighties.  I mean, we did see neon everywhere this summer *shudder*. I could wear this, but then again, do I want to?

Maybe I am being too harsh. Okay, so a little tweaking of Anna Sui's cobalt winged liner is definitely a do in my book - minus the geisha dot. I also like the matchy matchy nail and eyeshadow colour. Hey,we all need a bit of colour in the winter. High five Pat McGrath. However, what I am suppose to do with Miu Miu and Prada?.....um, well...let me see... The lesson here is to take elements of trends and make them work for you. Use colour instead of the obvious black, go for a thick eyeliner, and use pastels for autumn instead of spring. Why not? And sometimes, just sometimes we have to admit to ourselves, that some looks are just meant for the runway.


Backstage Anna Sui A/W '12
Source: glamour.com



Miu Miu A/W '12
Source: allure.com


Backstage at Prada A/W'12
Source: vogue.com.au

Stella McCartney A/W '12
Source: glamour.com


To bring some of these looks to life, I recommend that you buy the trendier mass/drugstore products as this is their niche. Here are some recommended products:
  • Annabelle Kohl liner in Lapis Blue
  • Gosh mascara in Electric Blue
  • Covergirl Liquiline Blast in Blue Bloom
  • Bourjois Eyeshadow in 55 Bleu Myosotis
  • Make Up Forever Eyeshadow in #150
Again, makeup is suppose to fun and creative. Enjoy yourself and never take it too seriously
Cheers,
xo Megs




No comments:

Post a Comment