Monday, September 17, 2012

Review: YSL Le Teint Touche Eclat

image source: http://www.yslbeautyus.com


With the huge success of Touche Eclat concealer/highlighter, YSL has launched the new foundation Le Teint Touche Eclat.  As I am a foundation trollop, I had to get my hands on this one.
Image Source: http://www.yslbeautyus.com

YSL describes this foundation as illuminating, dimensional radiance, weightless perfection. It is suppose to target the shadowy areas and highlight the contours, whilst being buildable without the opaque fillers.
The packaging is luxurious and I love the pump. The product itself is lovely. With combination-oily skin, I have to be very careful with the word "radiance" as my face can look like I have been kickboxing within an hour. However, this gave my skin a very slight glow and my face never looked greasy. The coverage was medium but not able to completely cover my lovely red spots. It is definitely buildable without looking or feeling heavy.  Finally, the colour range is great and it's about time. This is where YSL has faltered in the past. This time around, there are choices of cool (BR), neutral(B) and warm tones(BD).
While, I like this foundation, I don't love it and I wanted to love it. Trust me (please see aforementioned use of trollop).  I can't put my finger on it, perhaps it's the price? Or the underwhelming effect on my skin? Either way, I felt meh about it.

The down and dirty:
  • price: $60cdn
  • coverage: medium buildable
  • finish: slightly dewy
  • colours: 17 - from the fairest B10 to the darkest B90

No comments:

Post a Comment