Sunday, September 30, 2012

Review: Giorgio Armani Maestro Fusion Makeup

I know the beauty world is all a flutter about Giorgio Armani's Maestro Fusion Makeup and I wouldn't be me if I didn't do a review on it.  I enjoy the beauty industry challenging itself with new technology and formulations . This has been seen in recent years by Chanel's Vitalumiere Aqua and  Estee Lauder's Invisible Fluid. Both of which are fabulous and make the skin look incredible.  Giorgio Armani has stepped it up with, perhaps, a completely new way of looking at skin.



Maestro Fusion Makeup
Source:http://www.giorgioarmanibeauty-usa.com





Let me just preface this review by saying that in the past I have not been impressed with Giorgio Armani foundations. I have owned Face Fabric and Luminous Silk, and those were so full of silicones, I ended up throwing them out.  Drum roll please......Maestro Fusion's first ingredient is Dimethicone

I was able to get my hands on a sample of this "revolutionary complexion perfector", as it is not available in Canada until October 2012 at Holt Renfrew. Why is this so revolutionary?
First of all it does not contain water nor powders. Instead, it is made up of different oils - volatile, semi volatile, non-volatile. These oils evaporate from the skin, leaving a thin layer of skin perfecting pigments.

By now, you normal to oily/oily skinned girls are freaking out with the mere mention of putting oil on your face..... Fear not, certain oils are fantastic for oily skin  and as a combination girl, this did not make me oilier and it actually made my skin feel extremely comfortable. As for the reported weightless feel, the claims are true. The texture is very watery and non-greasy. It blends like a dream and my skin was uniform in colour, but it allowed my freckles to show through.

Using my fingers, as suggested by the SA at Holt Renfrew, I worked the tiniest i.e., three drops, into my skin and patting more of it where I had imperfections. I don't have many issues with my skin, but those that were there, were not covered. Hmmmmm complexion perfector....????

Additionally, I can see those of you with dry skin not enjoying this. As the formulation will probably adhere to any dry patches and through researching other reviews, it did exactly this. However, if you have good skin and want to even it out, this will be a beautiful choice, but at a steep price. 

The down and dirty:
  • price: $68 Cdn at Holt Renfrew
  • coverage; sheer to medium
  • finish: natural with slight sheen
  • colours: 12
Cheers,
xo Megs

 

No comments:

Post a Comment