Thursday, September 6, 2012

Daily Essentials

Being a product/beauty junkie and working in the industry, I am exposed to many products. There is always something new and of course, we (I mean I) want to try it. I know we get caught up with the latest trend, or the newest buzz ingredient. Sometimes we need to take a step back see what really works for us, rather than buying into the newest and greatest "paid for" trend.

L-R Jurlique Balance Face Oil, Active C, Shiseido Face Cottons, MAC Select Moisturecover, Shu Uemura lash curlers, Bioderma Sensibio, MAC Opulash Optimum black, Korres White Tea cleanser


 La Roche Posay-Active C eyes

Love this little tube of Ascorbic Acid goodness. So many Dermatologists recommend this line from France. I have brought this little baby home time and time again.  Not only is Vitamin C good for brightening and a great antioxidant but the Active C's vitamin C is stable and it has a beautiful velvet consistency. I truly believe that using this everyday has really helped make my skin look good. The Face Active C compliments it beautifully.

found at drugstores for $32

Bioderma Sensibio (aka Crealine) Micellaire

Now I know this is hyped up all over YouTube and honestly, I have used this since it came to Canada over 2 years ago. I have tried other Micellaire waters and they end up sticky or not removing all of my makeup. This 250ml of loveliness, is perfect for removing all makeup without residue and it does not sting nor dry my skin out. I can't even count how many bottles I've purchased. My only complaint is not being able to find the larger size bottle.

found at Shoppers Drug Mart- $22cdn for 250ml

Jurlique Balancing Face Oil

I can't remember where I read about this little oil, but I am so glad I came across it. I am combo oily in the summer and this has delighted my skin. I use it in the morning before putting on makeup and it absorbs so quickly into the skin. I love it.

found at Sephora $60 cdn

MAC Opulash Optimum Black mascara

I have already written about this gem and I will shout it to the heavens about how much I love this mascara. Honestly, it is the only mascara that does not smudge at the end of the day. It volumizes, keeps a curl and it is incredibly black. Love, love, love it.

found at MAC stores and counters $19 cdn

Shu Uemura eyelash curler

There are definitely less expensive curlers out there, but for me, this one does the best curl. You might wonder what is the difference  between curlers. Well, the shape is one the main things. Also, the ergonomics of the curler itself. This little curler has a cult following, the only problem is trying to find it. With Shu Uemura found at select Holt Renfrew, it is not all that accessible. I believe Sephora does carry the curlers too. If you do find it, you won't be disappointed in the results.

found at select Holt Renfrew and Sephora $19 cdn

 

Shiseido Cottons

You might think all facial cottons are the same, but you would definitely be wrong. For one, a package of these contains 165 for $9 cdn. I compared the price to luxury drugstore brand to these and Shiseido is less expensive. They also do not shed and you use less product because the cotton does not absorb all of it.

found at Shoppers Drug Mart and Shiseido counters $9 cdn


Korres White Tea cleanser

I tried many products from Korres and this is one of my favourites. Love the idea of a natural product that works incredibly well. This is made for more combo-oily skins and it doesn't strip the skin. It doesn't contain mineral oil, silicone, propylene glycol, ethanol amine and harsh detergents.  It leaves my skin soft, moisturized and squeaky clean. Added bonus is that white tea is a great antioxidant.

found at Shoppers Drug Mart and Sephora $26 cdn


MAC Select Moisturecover concealer

I am new to this concealer and I am glad I tried it. I thought it might be too moisturizing, but I was pleasantly surprised. It doesn't creep into the fine lines under my eyes and the coverage is fabulous. There are tons of colours and it is so easy to blend. It lasts for a good 6-8 hours.

found at MAC stores and counters $22 cdn


SkinCeuticals Physical Fusion UV defense SPF 50

I wrote about this in another blog, but I just need to reiterate how fantastic this is. If you have oily skin and want a physical sunscreen, then this is your ticket. It doesn't leave that grey/white hue that is associated with zinc oxide as it is slightly tinted. Some sunscreens are horrible for makeup, but this allows makeup to be easily blended. Such a great product.

found at select Spas/Salons


No comments:

Post a Comment