Sunday, June 5, 2016

Review: MAC Pro Beyond Twisted Mascara

When I find something that works for me, I generally do not waiver, especially when it comes to mascara. My love for M.A.C's Opulash and Extended Play Gigablack, is well documented. So, when I ventured to the M.A.C. store and saw they had a new mascara displayed, I was tentative to try it. However, me being me, had to see what made this one special.

Wand -check, brush- check. However, on further inspection, M.A.C decided to be innovative and make the neck of the wand flexible. Yes, it bends up to 90 degree. It is comprised of a flexible metal-like neck with a fairly long brush head with very short bristles. The bristles are not plastic and remind me of Maybelline's Lash discovery.  Never really thought I needed a malleable mascara wand, but obviously it is an issue we face with mascara application. Who knew?!

So, I took it home, and gave my little genius friend a try. Here are my thoughts:

The formula is wet and very black. However, I have to scrape the majority off the bristles. Have I mentioned I am not a fan of the clumpy lash look? Not scraping this, will give you that if  you desire it. Pour moi, no thanks. It definitely defines the lashes and lengthens them a bit. According to M.A.C it is also suppose to lift and curl the lashes. Nope, cannot agree with that and in fact, it doesn't hold the curl I have. However, because of the spiffy new wand, I am able to apply product to the base of my lashes.

Price: $27 Cdn.

No comments:

Post a Comment